Terms & Conditions
WEBSITE TERMS OF SALE
- What these terms cover. Where these terms do apply to you (where you are a consumer), some of our products are sold subject further specific conditions that relate to that product including, without restriction, terms and conditions that regarding approximate delivery dates/times, warranties, after-sales support and guarantees. These terms are included in the product description and form part of the contract with you.
- Why you should read them. Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide products to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. If you think that there is a mistake in these terms, please contact us to discuss. whether as registered user or guest. Please read carefully before use.
- By using the site, you accept the terms and agree to obey them. If you don't accept them, please don't use the site.
Information About Us And How To Contact Us
- Who we are. We are Covrt Project Limited, trading as Covrt Project, a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 11986441 with our registered office at Suite LP43956, 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, N1 7GU. Our VAT number is 326 2812 16.
- Our website is covrtproject.com
- How to contact us. You can contact us by writing to us at the address above or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- How we may contact you. If we have to contact you, we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order.
- “Writing” includes emails. When we use the words “writing” or “written” in these terms, this includes emails.
- How we will accept your order. Our acceptance of your order will take place when we email you to accept it, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us. If the product you want to buy from us is out of stock or is available for pre-order, this will usually be made clear on the product description. If you continue with placing the order, you will be accepting that the product is not available for delivery under our usual delivery terms. We will contact you when the product is in stock.
- If we cannot accept your order. If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this in writing and will not charge you for the product. This might be because the product is out of stock (and not due for re-stocking in a reasonable period of time), because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for, because your payment has not been successful (including if your credit card payment has not be accepted), because we have identified an error in the price or description of the product or because we are unable to meet a delivery deadline you have specified.
- Your order number. We will assign an order number to your order and tell you what it is when we accept your order. It will help us if you can tell us the order number whenever you contact us about your order.
- Fulfilment by one of our partners. If you are based in a jurisdiction other than the UK, we may pass your order to one of our retail partners, such as one of our authorised distributors or agents who are based closer to your address than we are. Your rights remain the same under this agreement whether we fulfil the order or if it is one of our partners.
- Where we sell. Whilst our website is in English, our prices are in pounds sterling and our sales are subject to English law, we welcome international orders from and deliver to addresses outside the UK. If Orders are fulfilled by a local retailer, the goods will be shipped directly from them. You will be notified of any delivery charges before your Order is confirmed.
- Promotions and gift cards. Any promotions offered by us will state the time frame in which they can be used, along with any other limitations or excluded products. We reserve the right to alter or cancel any promotion without notice. If a promotion is used incorrectly or being abused, we reserve the right to cancel these orders.
- Products may vary slightly from their pictures. The images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only. However, the information may contain typographical errors or inaccuracies and may not be complete or current. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change and update information at any time without prior notice (including after you have submitted your order). Although we have made every effort to ensure accuracy of all colours, sizes, weights, capacities, dimensions and measurements indicated on our website, your product may vary slightly from those images.
- Product packaging may vary. The packaging of the product may vary from that shown in images on our website.
- If you wish to make a change to the product you have ordered please contact us. We will let you know if the change is possible. If it is possible we will let you know about any changes to the price of the product, the timing of supply or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change. If we cannot make the change or the consequences of making the change are unacceptable to you, you may want to end the contract (see below).
OUR RIGHTS TO MAKE CHANGES
- Minor changes to the products. We may change the product:
(a) to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; and
(b) to implement minor technical adjustments and improvements. These changes will not affect your use of the product.
- More significant changes to the products and these terms. If we have to make more significant changes to the products or our terms, we will notify you and you may then contact us to end the contract before the changes take effect and receive a refund for any products paid for but not received.
- Delivery costs. The costs of delivery will be as displayed to you on our website or as confirmed before you place your order. All UK orders will be sent by Royal Mail Special Delivery which is a fully trackable overnight service. If we process international orders from the UK (rather than your local distributor) additional terms and charges may apply relating to postage and packaging, including any local customs duties applicable to your jurisdiction (for which you are liable). Please choose the international shipping option during checkout and your package will be shipped via reputable courier. Delivery can take up to 7-20 business days and this timeframe does not include any delay in customs. We will endeavour to inform you of these at the time of you placing your order, but are not liable for any incorrect or incomplete information provided (or not provided) by us for sales made outside the UK. We will ship to the shipping address provided and is not responsible for actual delivery as we have no control over your local post office.
- When we will provide the products. During the order process we will endeavour to let you know when we will provide the products to you. We will deliver them to you as soon as reasonably possible.
- We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If our supply of the products is delayed by an event outside our control (including but not limited to delays at UK or other borders) or then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any products you have paid for but not received.
- If you are not at home when the product is delivered, the delivery will need to be signed for. You will be sent an email when your order has shipped and you will need to ensure that someone will be available at the delivery address to sign for the package. Please make sure you are available to sign for your order when it is delivered, as you are solely responsible for the acceptance of your order upon delivery. We can accept no responsibility for packages that are signed for by someone other than the addressee. If no one is available at your address to take delivery and the products cannot be posted through your letterbox, we will leave you a note informing you of how to rearrange delivery or collect the products from a local depot.
- If you do not re-arrange delivery. If, after a failed delivery to you, you do not re-arrange delivery or collect them from a delivery depot we will contact you for further instructions and may charge you for storage costs and any further delivery costs. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange delivery or collection we may end the contract.
- When you become responsible for the products. The products will be your responsibility from the time we deliver the product to the address you gave us or you or a carrier organised by you collect it from us.
- When you own goods. You own the products once we have received payment in full.
- What will happen if you do not give required information to us. We may need certain information from you so that we can supply the products to you, for example, pupil distance, size of frame, or other facial measurements or prescription details. If so, this will have been stated in the description of the products on our website. We will contact you in writing to ask for this information. If you do not give us this information within a reasonable time of us asking for it, or if you give us incomplete or incorrect information, we may either end the contract or make an additional charge of a reasonable sum to compensate us for any extra work that is required as a result. We will not be responsible for supplying the products late or not supplying any part of them if this is caused by you not giving us the information we need within a reasonable time of us asking for it.
- Reasons we may suspend the supply of products to you. We may have to suspend the supply of a product to:
(a) deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes;
(b) update the product to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements;
(c) make changes to the product as requested by you or notified by us to you.
- Your rights if we suspend the supply of products. We will contact you in advance to tell you we will be suspending supply of the product, unless the problem is urgent or an emergency. If we have to suspend the product for longer than one month after we told you that your items would be ready for delivery, we will adjust the price so that you do not pay for products while they are suspended. You may contact us to end the contract for a product if we suspend it, or tell you we are going to suspend it, and we will refund any sums you have paid in advance for the product after you end the contract.
YOUR RIGHTS TO END THE CONTRACT
- You can always end your contract with us. Your rights when you end the contract will depend on what you have bought, whether there is anything wrong with it, how we are performing and when you decide to end the contract:
(a) If what you have bought is faulty or misdescribed you may have a legal right to end the contract (or to get the product repaired or replaced or to get some or all of your money back);
(b) If you want to end the contract because of something we have done or have told you we are going to do;
(c) If you have just changed your mind about the product. You may be able to get a refund for certain of our products if you are within the cooling-off period, but this may be subject to deductions and you will have to pay the costs of return of any goods;
(d) In all other cases (if we are not at fault and there is no right to change your mind).
- Ending the contract because of something we have done or are going to do. If you are ending a contract for a reason set out at (a) to (e) below the contract will end immediately and we will refund you in full for any products which have not been provided and you may also be entitled to compensation. The reasons are:
(a) we have told you about a material upcoming change to the product or these terms which you do not agree to.
(b) we have told you about an error in the price or description of the product you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed;
(c) there is a risk that supply of the products may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control;
(d) we have suspended supply of the products for technical reasons, or notify you we are going to suspend them for technical reasons, in each case for a period of more than 30 days; or
(e) you have a legal right to end the contract because of something we have done wrong
- Exercising your right to change your mind (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013). For some products bought online you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days and receive a refund. These rights, under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, are explained in more detail in these terms. However, these cooling off rights do not apply to products which are made to measure, bespoke or personalised.
- When you don’t have the right to change your mind. You do not have a right to change your mind in respect of our bespoke goods, for example if the item is made to measure or where you have selected a combination of choices from a range of options, or if the item is personalised for you.
- How long do I have to change my mind? For our standard (non bespoke) products, where you do have the right to cancel under the Consumer Contracts Regulations, how long you have depends on what you have ordered and how it is delivered, usually 14 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the goods, unless your goods are split into several deliveries over different days. In this case you have until 14 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the last delivery to change your mind about the goods.
- Ending the contract where we are not at fault and there is no right to change your mind. Even if we are not at fault and you do not have a right to change your mind, you can still end the contract before it is completed, but you may have to pay us compensation. A contract for goods is completed when the product is delivered, downloaded or streamed and paid for. If you want to end a contract before it is completed where we are not at fault and you have not changed your mind, just contact us to let us know. The contract will end immediately and we will refund any sums paid by you for products not provided but we may deduct from that refund (or, if you have not made an advance payment, charge you reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your ending the contract.
HOW TO END THE CONTRACT WITH US (INCLUDING IF YOU HAVE CHANGED YOUR MIND)
- Tell us you want to end the contract. To end the contract with us, please let us know by doing one of the following:
(a) Email us at email@example.com. Please provide your name, home address, details of the order and, where available, your phone number and email address.
Or simply write to us at our address, including details of what you bought, when you ordered or received it and your name and address.
- Your obligation to return rejected products. If you wish to exercise your legal rights to reject products you must post them back to us or (if they are not suitable for posting) allow us to collect them from you. If the products are faulty, we will reimburse you for the costs of return postage.
- How to tell us about problems. If you have any questions or complaints about the product, please contact us. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our rights in the rights in the products and our website: We own or control all of the rights in our designs and manufacture processes, website and promotional materials, our trademarks (whether registered or unregistered) and brand names and other identifying marks. You agree not to infringe our intellectual property rights in any manner, in particular not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any purposes, any items or our materials or website.
- We may transfer this agreement to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract
- You need our consent to transfer your rights to someone else (except that you can always transfer our guarantee). You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree to this in writing. We may not agree. However, you may transfer our guarantee (if relevant) to a person who has acquired the product. We may require the person to whom the guarantee is transferred to provide reasonable evidence that they are now the owner of the relevant item or property.
- Nobody else has any rights under this contract (except someone you pass your guarantee on to). This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms, except in respect of our guarantee. Neither of us will need to get the agreement of any other person in order to end the contract or make any changes to these terms.
- If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide the products, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
- Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings. These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.